Digitizing America’s first Museum of Modern Art.
America’s First Museum of Modern Art
Founded by art collector and philanthropist Duncan Phillips in 1921, The Phillips Collection has been collecting groundbreaking works of modern and contemporary art for one hundred years and provides a unique setting for the collection’s nearly 6,000 works and with its most recent digital transformation, the new Drupal 9 website highlights the museum’s exceptional art collection, exhibitions, and rich history, while also showcasing the diverse programs and offerings for audiences of all backgrounds. The new interactive design reflects the museum’s dynamic, innovative, and participatory environment.
An outdated and clunky user experience powered by Drupal 7
A complete overhaul of the user experience and technology stack fully integrated with museum ticking system and flexible CMS design system. A design centered experience.
During the pandemic, the website traffic spiked and visitors now have full access to a virtual experience.
The final Transformation included:
- A complete overhaul of the user experience, with a simplified layout which gives top-line information a priority (hours and location, tickets to events, become a member
- A detailed content strategy including strategy for the Centennial project.
- Migration to latest version of Drupal
- Content migration
- WCAG 2.1 AA accessibilityA powerful in-site search with the ability to search collection to see what is on view, as well as library and archives catalogue, blog, and museum microsite(s)
- Integrated with collection database in MIMSY to be able to search collection by medium/class, creation date, acquisition date
- Connects with the latest social networking platforms/blog to encourage users to share content across the web and construct an online dialogue
- Member donation integration and experience
Start a Project