Are you a highly skilled and creative individual looking to take your expertise to exciting new heights?
If so, we invite you to join our team as a Frontend Specialist/Creative Developer. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your passion for front-end development to life, developing visually captivating and stunningly beautiful websites that seamlessly marry top-of-the-line design with exceptional user experience and accessibility.
While this is not a UI Designer position, you will be working closely with our design team and have the chance to embrace the latest methods and trends in the industry, pushing boundaries and expanding your skillset in equal measure. Your expertise will be absolutely critical to our team’s success, and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome you aboard.
- Develop visually appealing websites by combining innovative design concepts with modern, front-end development techniques.
- Collaborate with designers, the Creative Director, Technical Director and other stakeholders to transform Figma designs into functional, elegant, and immersive interactive experiences.
- Utilize your expertise in modern CSS to ensure high-fidelity implementation of designs across various browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in fluid layouts, clamped typography and demonstrate a desire to continuously learn and improve your skills in developing beautiful experiences.
- Navigate and resolve compatibility issues that may arise across different browsers, platforms, or devices.
- Possess a deep appreciation for good design, with a keen eye for adhering to design documentation and an eagerness to explore engaging techniques and approaches to elevate the refinement of the end product.
- Have a proven experience as a Front End Developer, with a strong portfolio showcasing visually appealing and interactive websites.
- Has a solid understanding of user experience principles and best practices, with a focus on delivering exceptional and intuitive web experiences.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Practices strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Consistently incorporates feedback and demonstrates dedicated effort during the quality assurance phases, executing a thorough evaluation of a build to confirm it aligns with the specified design requirements and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development or a related field.
- 4 years of experience in front end development.
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, and optimization.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as GreenSock.
- React or Vue.js is a plus.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
You Should Know
We nurture an environment that encourages collaboration and continuous learning, offers competitive benefits and diverse and impactful work opportunities, and promotes a harmonious balance between work and personal life. We utilize a strategic blend of virtual and face-to-face meetings that foster team spirit and ensure that everyone is seen, heard, and connected.
WDG is headquartered in the Washington, D.C., region and offers the Frontend Developer position as a hybrid or fully-remote role. We do have a preference for eastern-central time zones but this is not a hard requirement. This role does require you to be able to work as a full-time salaried employee for a U.S.-based company; any candidates from outside of the United States will not be considered for this particular role.
The salary for this role is commensurate with experience and ranges from $80,000 to $120,000.
Do you see yourself working with us? If so, send a friendly note to us along with your resume and anything else that you believe we should know!